BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 7, 2011

First Bath

Well River had her first bath yesterday. The heat had actually abated somewhat around here and I figured it was as good a time as any to scrub off the crustiness. I decided against tying her as the last thing I needed was a broken fence. As I sprayed her down she danced a little and tried to walk around me but smart old girl that she is realized it wasn't getting her anywhere so she just stood still. I got every nook and cranny clean, including her long, thick, beautiful tail. After she was bathed I decided to try and clip her just to see if she would let me. She snorted at it a few times but for the most part stood like a champ.


River is steadily gaining her weight and is starting to look like a horse again. Her ribs have almost disappeared and she's beginning to fill in around her spine and tail head. It hasn't even been a full two weeks and I'm seeing significant improvement. It's always like Fugs said, "Old DOES NOT equal skinny!" I tried contacting her previous owners but all leads have gone cold. If anyone out there knows a Gary Henson of Paragould, Ar please contact me immediately.

0 comments: