BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Total Pageviews

Friday, July 1, 2011

It's amazing what happens when you FEED THEM!!!

Today is July 1st, I've had River since June 26th and I can already tell a difference in the way she looks. Her keel bone is not stuck out as far as it was, she's laying down fat over her ribs, and she's filling in around her tail head. I honestly did not expect her to do so well so quickly. She's out on pasture about 20 hours a day with about 4lbs of Senior mush 4x's a day, dang Arkansas Delta weather doesn't permit turnout from noon till 4pm. My hard-keeping Appendix bred also seems to be benefiting from the extra feedings, he's getting kind of portly. River also has a new fly mask that was smartly purchased at a used tack sale. The only thing that puzzles me is that when I whistled in the morning and in the evening my geldings used to come dashing up to the barn. Now they pretty much ignore me and I have to go grab someone by the fly mask and lead them in. Wonder what that's about?


Well it probably will be a few days before the next update. I'm working one of the temporary firework stands for the 4th so its busy busy busy until sometime next week. I'll be sure to get more (and better) pictures of River soon. Happy mush making!



You can really see in this picture how her shoulder bones, spine, and ribs are sticking out and how thin her neck looks.


This picture shows how prominent her tail head is but it doesn't show the perfect detail of the skeletal structure. She's probably about a 1.5 on the BCS.


0 comments: