BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Sorry ya'll but this a rant post

Today I am going to rant because my work days are long, hot, and stressful. Dealing with people's money in a hot, cramped, frantic environment makes my very worn out and frazzled.

I have seen women who come in pregnant with three small kids with shorts so short their ass cheeks were hanging out and their saggy boobs spilling out of their halter top, sweaty overweight women pull wet cash out of their bra and dare to say I'm racist when I don't want to take their soggy money, and people come to the fireworks stand in a taxi.

Yesterday I worked from 5pm till 11pm and did thousands of dollars worth of transactions. I love the people who come to my register polite and friendly and who bought something off the shelves instead of off the "buy 1 get 5 free" tables. These are my favorite people because they will talk and joke with you, marvel at my ability to remember prices, are truly appreciative of their free gift, and do not imply that I am an idiot and a cheat when I total up their purchases and they have spent over $100. And they humor me when I attempt to sell them a little more so they can get a better free gift. My second favorite customers are the ones who are looking to make a big purchase and take my advice as I unloaded the truck, unpacked the boxes, put the merchandise on the shelf, and priced every little 80 cent firecracker with a price gun.

Now I'm going to talk about my least favorite customers. These are the people who buy exclusively off the "buy 1 get 5 free" table plus a few other things and simply can't believe that the paper grocery sack full of fireworks cost over $50. THEN they make me un-bag all of their things and re-add. And OF COURSE its when I have a mile long  line at my register. If you really want to piss me off stand there and tell me you didn't intend to spend that much and can I just give it to you. HELL NO! The icing on the cake to make me come after you is to go out to your car, get out your calculator, and add up what was on your receipt. When you finally realize I did not cheat you and it pisses you off, get your friend to come in and demand a 2nd free gift. We'll give it to you but we're not going to think much of you and when you come in again we'll just add tax twice. :D

BTW: I feel truly sorry for these ladies' husbands.

P.S. When you go and buy your firecrackers this 4th please be kind and respectful to the employees. We worked hard to get the merchandise ready to sell and organized in very hot, unfavorable conditions, please put unwanted items back where you got them, and a kind word is always appreciated. Oh! And if you're extra nice we're liable to throw in some extra goodies!

Here's come comic relief:

Bwaahahahahaha!!! Nuff' said.


0 comments: